300,000 PS Vita games sold in Japan during launch week
The PS Vita managed to perform fairly well in its debut week, selling 325,000 units out of the 500,000 units Sony shipped out, in just two days. On the software front, however, it did not do so well, managing to sell only 300,000 games during those two days. And that is for twenty launch titles. The retail attach rate for the system is 0.92.
Compared to the 0.95 first week attach rate of 3DS and the 1.06 first week attach rate of PSP, this isn’t really good (Andriasang). However, we have to take into account that digital software sales on the Vita are much higher than other systems, so both software sales and attach rate are probably much higher than the figures we have right now.
Ten of the twenty Vita launch titles made it into the Top 50 sales for the week e, and four made it into the top 20. Here are the figures:
- No.7 – Hot Shots Golf 6 (sales: 61,412)
- No.8 – Uncharted: Golden Abyss (sales: 48,224)
- No.18 – Dynasty Warriors Next (sales: 29,181)
- No.19 – Lord of Apocalypse (sales: 28,742)
- No.22 – Disgaea 3 Return
- No.28 – Ridge Racer
- No.30 – Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru
- No.43 – Dream Club Zero Portable
- No.44 – Katamari Damacy Novita
- No.50 – Shinobido 2