AMD Radeon Software 16.5.1 Driver Released Forza Motorsport 6: APEX
The driver brings 27 percent performance increase.
The AMD Radeon Software 16.5.1 has officially landed and among other games its been specially optimized for is the upcoming Forza Motorsport 6: APEX. According to a release that came along with the driver update the updated software will allow the racing game and others to sport 27 percent better performance compared to the Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 and AMD Radeon R9 Fury X.
For those who want to download the driver you can get it from here, though you should know there are some problems that people have claimed to have found with this new update. It’s likely those will be ironed out or patched in the near future.
Below is the full list of known issues. If you want to download the driver in anticipation for Forza Motorsport 6: APEX then you should also do a bit of reading up on the game. Check out our full wiki here in order to learn all you need to be prepared when it launches.
Forza Motorsport 6: Apex
- Performance increased up to 27% versus Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 on AMD Radeon R9 Fury X(1)
- A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved “In Game Overlay”.
- HDMI Scaling options may not be available in Radeon Settings on some system configurations or some applications may ignore the HDMI Scaling options setting.
- The option to enable/disable AMD Crossfire technology logo may be missing on some system configurations from the Gaming, Global Options tab in Radeon Settings.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt inventory and character pages may exhibit flickering in AMD Crossfire technology mode.
- Radeon Settings game manager does not display icons for Origin Games.
(1) Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of April 3, 2016 on the AMD Radeon Fury X, on a test system comprising Intel i7 5960X CPU, 16GB DDR4-2666 Mhz system memory, Radeon Software Crimson Edition driver 16.4.2 and Radeon Software Crimson Edition driver 16.5.1 and Windows 10 x64 using the game Forza Motorsport 6: Apex. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. At 3840×2160, Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 scored 47.58 and Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.1 scored 60.69 on AMD Radeon R9 Fury X, which is 27.5% faster performance. Test results are not average and may vary.