Call of Duty Black Ops 3: PC Requirements Revealed
Treyarch emphasizes its commitment to the PC version of the game.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III was finally officially confirmed today, and as can be expected of a Treyarch developed game, the title will not be marginalized on PC. Instead, Treyarch wishes to reiterate its commitment to the PC version of the game, while showing the game running on the PC with full 4K support.
“There are no ‘ports'” Treyarch studio head Mark Lamia said at the game’s reveal event. “The game is made on multiple platforms, it’s the beginning of a new generation and we’re showing it to you on all these platforms, to dispel some of the misconceptions about development.”
Treyarch then proceeded to share the specs for the game on PC. Outside of an absurd RAM requirement, they don’t seem to be anything too bad:
- Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom™ II X4 810 @ 2.60 GHz
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 470 @ 1GB / ATI® Radeon™ HD 6970 @ 1GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
It sounds like even lower mid range PCs should be able to run the game, honestly.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III will launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on November 6.