Call of Duty: Ghosts Perks Categories Outlined by Infinity Ward
A few new perks have also been revealed.
Infinity Ward has released a new blog post detailing the different categories of perks, of which there seven, for Call of Duty: Ghosts. Some new perks have been outlined as well to add to the overall 35 perks in the game. Players will each have eight perk points, which they can use to allot perks accordingly. Some perks cost more than one point, and you can even increase your overall points total by removing primary, secondary, tactical and lethal items. Ridiculous? You bet. Check out the different categories below.
Outrun and outmaneuver enemy players. Speed Perks are all about getting the lead and staying ahead. Examples include:
- Sleight of Hand: Faster reloading.
- Stalker: Move faster while aiming.
Dexterity and control drives the Handling Perks, improving actions and accuracy. Examples include:
- On the Go: Reload while sprinting.
- Steady Aim: Increased hip fire accuracy.
Stealth Perks aid you in staying out of sight, maintaining a low profile and engaging on your terms. Examples include:
- Takedown: Kill enemies without revealing their death locations.
- Incog: Resistant to targeting systems including: Recon, Thermal Scope, Tracker Sight and Motion Sensor. No name or red crosshairs when targeted.
Keep in tune with your surroundings. Awareness Perks help you survey the environment and detect enemy players. Examples include:
- SitRep: Detect enemy explosives and tactical equipment.
- Wiretap: Utilize all active enemy and friendly SAT COMs on the field.
A hardened endurance reduces the effects of fatigue. Resistance Perks keep you going through tough engagements. Examples include:
- Focus: Reduced weapon sway when aiming down sights and reduced flinch when hit.
- Blast Shield: Increased resistance to explosive damage.
Tacticians swear by their gear, and Equipment Perks ensure you have the best tools on hand. Examples include:
- Extra Tactical: Additional Tactical equipment.
- Extra Attachment: Extra attachment for your weapons.
Elite Perks offer special abilities that affect your loadouts in a variety of ways. Examples include:
- Gambler: Spawn with a random Perk.
- Ping: Activate a sonar ping upon killing an enemy, revealing nearby hostiles.
Call of Duty: Ghosts will launch on November 5th for Xbox 360, Wii U, PC and PS3, with next gen releases due on November 15th/29th in North America/Europe for PS4 and November 22nd for the Xbox One. Looking forward to it? Let us know in the comments below.