Dark Souls 2 new details: Enhanced Engine, Photorealistic graphics
VGA trailer wasn’t in-game.
We recently covered the Dark Souls 2 information blowout from EDGE where a lot of new details were revealed, including director change for the game. Miyazaki won’t be at the helm of Dark Souls 2, instead there will be two new directors who have never worked on the franchise before.
If you are worried whether that may affect the quality of the game, check out our editorial over here.
We also have a bunch of new details on the game where it has been revealed that the team at From Software is emphasisng more on graphics and have said that it will be photorealistic this time. Earlier in the Edge blowout it was revealed that the game would look as good as the CG trailer shown at the VGAs.
Here are some new details from the Famitsu magazine that reveals some new information.
- [Miyazaki] is acting as a supervisor for Dark Souls 2. Setting the general course for development, will fix said course if development goes offtrack.
- Doesn’t want to lock up Dark Souls within his own narrow framework. Believes Dark Souls has a lot of potential and wants to leave things to the discretion of Shibuya (the director for DS2) as much as possible.
- VGA trailer wasn’t in-game.
- Shares worldview with Dark Souls, but the story won’t directly link to Dark Souls? Set in a different time period, as well.
- If Dark Souls is the north pole, then Dark Souls 2 is the south pole.
- Keyword is: time.
- Game engine has been changed, aiming for photo-realism. Will improve movement (guessing controls?), as well.
- Investigating having players directly get involved with one another (not sure what this is implying).
Tell us what you think in the comments section below.