Dark Souls 3 Can Also Be Played Early On PS4
Ah, the glory of region free consoles…
Yesterday, we reported on how Xbox One owners can play the upcoming Dark Souls 3 early, by making a Japanese account and playing the Japanese version, which is already available. The game will play in your system’s language, which means that in spite of this being the Japanese version, you’ll be able to play it in English.
The cool thing is, if you are a PlayStation 4 owner, you can join in on the fun early, too- this is the benefit of having region free consoles! Here’s how:
- Create a Japanese PSN account, you can do so from here
- Use Chrome’s auto-translate option to navigate around
- In the address field, put any old thing (hotel, embassy etc.)
- Buy digital PSN credit in YEN from online stores like Play-Asia
- Log in to your PS4 using the new account, redeem the code, buy and download the game
- Before switching back to your main account, make sure to set the PS4 as your home console for the JP account
If you would rather just wait for the official western release, Dark Souls 3 launches next month on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.