Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DirectX 12 Patch Now Available
It suffers on Nvidia hardware, though…
As promised, the DirectX 12 update for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is now available for the PC version of the game. The update seems to run very poorly for Nvidia users, however, which seems to be a trend with these DirectX 12 games- in general, it has been found that Nvidia hardware suffers more on DirectX 12 for some reason than AMD.
DSO Gaming tested the DirectX 12 build on Nvidia hardware, and found the hits to performance to be unacceptable- they’re recommending that you stay away from this one for now. That said, the build is at least labeled as a ‘preview’ build, so maybe over time, it can be updated and get better than the frankly horrific state that it is in right now.
The full patch notes for the update follow. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
The following fixes are in this patch:
- Fixed a freeze that happened for some players during the subway loading scene.
- Fix for issue where massive stalls would occur in Prague.
- Fixed issue where players could no longer save when they ran out of Steam Cloud space. (When the player runs out of space, the oldest saves will now be removed from the Steam Cloud. They will NOT be deleted and are still available from disk. They will remain present in your in-game ‘load game’ list.
- Improved shadow behaviour in the distance when Contact Hardening Shadows is turned on.
- Fixed issue where tutorial messages could stay/re-appear on-screen after completing the tutorial.
- Fixed an issue where players could lose input control when hacking certain computers.
- Fixed various UI issues.
Release of DirectX 12 support in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:
As of today, users are also able to utilize the awaited DirectX 12 Graphics API. To activate this you are required to do the following:
- Within your Steam Library, right-click on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
- Select ‘properties’ from the context menu and navigate to the Beta tab.
- From the dropdown menu, select dx12_preview then close the window.
After the game has downloaded the DirectX 12 supported build you can then toggle DirectX 12 from either the launcher window or from the Display options within the game.
Note that DirectX 12 requires a restart of the game if (de-)activated from within a running Deus Ex: Mankind Divided game session.