DICE Hiring ‘Next Great’ Level Artist, Possibly For Battlefield 5 or Bad Company 3
It’s not confirmation, but something is up.
Battlefield 5 has barely made our radar in the last few weeks but it looks like DICE is moving rather quickly to get their operation in making this game up and running. The company posted a job listing on the official website, looking for a “Next Great” Level Artist. The company is obviously looking to hire up some people and while they aren’t saying for what game this hiring is going to be made, it seems it’s for Battlefield 5 or Bad Company 3.
Among the things the company is looking for are listed below. This still doesn’t give us a ton of info about the actual game. Previously, rumors started flying that this new game would be set in Japan. We’ll just have to wait a bit longer to see what Battlefield 5 has in store, but clearly DICE is working on something they need additional help for.
As usual, we will keep you updated on what DICE’s next Battlefield game is going to be about.
- The ability to think in 3D
- Drawing/sketching skills that display basic skills as well as any modeling and texture work related to objects, buildings, natural terrain, etc.
- Excellent sense of form, weight (mass), and volume
- Good use of light and shadow
- Breadth of artistic styles
- An understanding of optimization
- Excellent sense of scale and level of finish
- Experience with 3D Software such as Maya
- Highly commitment to deadlines with ability to set realistic time estimates for own work
- Proactive and driven
- An excellent eye for detail and focus on delivering the very best quality
- Team player and good collaboration skills
- 3-5 years experience