DriveClub March Update Released
As always, a hefty update.
DriveClub is one of the best examples we have of a game as a service- the game launched to critical lambasting and general player antipathy back in 2014, but thanks to consistent updates, it has since turned itself around, and is currently one of the better racing games on the market.
These updates come once every month (at the very least). Today, March’s update was released, and like with previous updates to the game, it’s a pretty hefty one, adding a fair amount to the game:
- New Drift Mode scoring: Fast and precise drifts now earn much bigger scores. Going off track, driving slowly or colliding with walls will result in a penalty to prevent exploits.
- All Drift Mode leaderboards will be reset in the days following the update to ensure they offer a level playing field.
- 25 new Elite Levels have been added (new cap is 60).
- 25 new Driver Levels have been added (new cap is 120) with new livery rewards to unlock along the way.
- 35 new Club Levels have been added (new cap is 120) with new livery rewards to unlock along the way.
- The game menus have been updated with new #PS4share imagery to showcase some of our most loved #PS4share photo mode snaps. Keep them coming!
- The loading screen for DRIVECLUB now shows off an awesome new #PS4share community photo collage made up of thousands of your pictures.
- The loading screen for DRIVECLUB BIKES also shows off an awesome new #PS4share community photo collage made up of thousands of your pictures.
- Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.
In addition to the new update, Evolution Studios also detailed the new DLC that would be coming to the game this month, including the Finish Line expansion that will launch on March 22.
MARCH STORE UPDATE (COMING MARCH 22ND):
- Free Superbike for everybody: Aprilia RSV4 RF ABS.
- New “Finish Line” Expansion Pack featuring 6 events, 5 Trophies and 2 new cars: Koeniggsegg Regera & Jaguar XJ220.» New “MV Agusta” Expansion Pack featuring 6 events, 5 Trophies and 2 new Bikes: MV Agusta Brutale 1090 Corsa & MV Agusta F4RC.
DriveClub was developed by Evolution Studios, and is available exclusively for the PlayStation 4.