Dust 514 Codex Build Released, Video details features
New updates to the game showcased in a video.
New video from Dust 514, isn’t that great? The game looks stunning on the PC but not so much on the PS3, but it does play well on both. Read our preview here. It’s good.
It’s actually a B-Roll video called Codex where the new updates to the game are showcased. The new update brings a host of changes including the addition of corporations, female avatars, new weapons, new skills and new environments into the game, many of which were based on player feedback.
- Corporations: Just like in EVE Online, players can join forces to communicate, strategize and eliminate opposing squads by joining and forming corporations in DUST 514
- Female avatars: The variety of mercenary increases as the ability to create a female mercenary is added to the DUST 514 beta.
- New Weapons: The expansive list of weapons and their abilities increases with the Codex update. Buffs to existing weapons are joined by new melee weapons and lethal new guns.
- Skills: Earn and accrue skill points in battle to improve advantage on the battlefield.
- Environments: The battlegrounds of DUST 514 are now as diverse as planets in New Eden.
If you are in the closed beta, you can avail of double skill points this weekend. The game comes out later this year for the PS3 and PC.