Fallout 4 Patch 1.02 Gets Ride Of Infinite Cap Glitch
Some people won’t be happy.
Fallout 4 just got patch number 1.02 and there are apparently a number of fixes that have come along with the update. Performance enhancements for the PS4 version especially are the ones that have been most talked about but one that is likely going to be drawing quite a bit of ire is the one that gets rid of the infinite cap glitch. According to numerous reports from Reddit, Neogaf and other websites, the ability to buy, sell and trade to the point where you can get as many caps as you want has been removed on every platform.
The full patch notes have been released on the Bethesda forums but it’s likely that people are going to be more annoyed that this glitch is gone. Considering that some of the biggest perks in the game, including the ability to buy a house in Diamond City cost quite a bit of money, there were plenty of players that were quite happy they could get more caps in the blink of an eye. On the other hand, this glitch removal makes it more fair for everybody.
For those who aren’t that interested in the caps glitch being removed, you can check out the most important parts of the patch notes below:
- Number pad keys can now be used for remapping (PC)
- Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container (PC
- General memory and stability improvements
- Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
- Optimisations to skinned decal rendering
- Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
- Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
- Fixed issue with “When Freedom Calls” where the quest would not complete
- During “Confidence Man” fixed issue where player’s health would continuously regenerate
- Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
- Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly (PC)