Far Cry 3: List of Amazing Mods, Patch 1.04 Fixes A Lot of Issues
Patch notes detailed.
We have a bunch of amazing mods for the PC where you can pretty much customize anything in the game, and this is separate of the new patch which we have detailed below. The patch adds a lot of things to the PS3 and Xbox 360 version of the game as well.
The modification requires you to the replace Far Cry 3 files as in the game folder and something may be messed up, so you have been warned.
There’s all sorts of mod there from removing the obnoxious HUD to customizing weapons in the game. PC Gamer has collected all the mods and have also linked the sources from where you can download them so head over there and check them out.
But in case you are impatient here’s the list of mods they have mentioned. You can also check out the patch notes below courtesy of DSOgaming.
As the name suggests it will improve the attachments and scopes, resulting in a better zoom quality. Some of the crosshairs in the game are too bright but this will fix it up a bit so you can see clearly when aiming with a gun.
Did you find the early guns a bit lame? Well this mod will fix that and will provide attachments for the various weapons like 1911, AK47, SVD and other guns that you can find early. Currently in the game you can only add a maximum of two or three attachments but this will add a bit more.
Hereticus Weapons Mod
Some of the guns are unlocked in the game if you climb the towers and clear out the map in a specific are and what this does is that it allows you to unlock free guns at the store so that you don’t have to pay money, which is already rare in the game.
With this mod everything will be unlocked in the game and you don’t have to climb them to unlock them. There are three types of options you can choose: radio tower-dependent, one tower only, or no towers.
Improved Weapon Ballistics
This attachment improves all you guns by giving them recoil and making them like what guns should handle like. It provides higher recoil, more realistic ranges, and slower reload times. Shotgun is also not lame anymore and will one shot anybody at close range.
Scope Viewmodel Edit
This will make you aim well by making the scope a bit larger so that you won’t be distracted by the things around you. It’s a pretty useful attachment so check it out.
The name pretty much implies what this mod is about. It removes the HUD and minimap providing a more exhilarating experience as you trawl through the jungles of Far Cry 3 and hunt those pesky and cool animals without the minimap blocking your view.
General fixes for the patch:
Fixed several issues with customize controls
- Improve stability on multiplayer maps.
- Fixed the crash when the player was planting explosives.
- Fixed several crashes.
- Fixed bug where user was unable to jump on certain surfaces.
- Fixed bug where players could become invisible.
- Fixed bug with 3D weapon images in Decoding menu.
- Fixed bug where weapons could disappear after completing objectives in Co-op.
- Fixed bug where users could get stuck in Loadout screen in Co-op.
- Removed “Reloading” shout after user shoots the bow.
- Parties will no longer be allowed to numerically unbalance games.
- Improved and fixed several issues with host migration.
- Connection degradation will now properly trigger a host migration.
- Fixed several bugs with Loadout menu.
- Fixed bug that could display a profile restriction message when trying to join a lobby.
- Fixed bug where users could get stuck in 3rd person in Custom games.
- Fixed bug with Flamethrower not doing any damage in certain circumstances.
- Fixed bug where “Player is on the way” tag could stick to downed players.
- Fixed bug where clients could remain on black screen if host left the game.
- Fixed bug where Fire Arrows did not do fire damage.
- Fixed bug where Long Distance Kill was not awarded.
- Fixed bug where Tag Assist was not awarded.
- Fixed bug where Killcam wasn’t shown in certain circumstances.
- Fixed bug where Survival Instinct was not cancelled properly.
- Fixed bug where Psych gas could get dropped in the wrong place.
- Fixed bug where Psych gas could affect players outside of the deployment area.
- Fixed bug where users could get stuck when killed by Poison gas.
- Fixed bug where other player’s footstep sounds sometimes did not play behind you.
- Fixed bug where sound could get muffled when being revived.
- Fixed bug where user could get de-synced if killed in mid-air
- Added information for Player Map playlists.
- Improved available space for Player map names in lobby.
- Fixed bug where User made maps wasn’t downloaded properly in lobby.
- Fixed bug that made the user stuck when igniting Firestom nodes on certain maps.
- Fixed the accessing bug for the camera and the throwing rocks.
- Users that have miss the Relic located in Dr. Earnhardt cave will have the relic recover.
- Fixed the bug with the weapon models staying on screen / stuck on the charatcer arm.
- The leaderboard is now updating correctly even after if the user is disconnecting/reconnecting the ethernet cable.
- The objective is now properly updated after Jason burns the weed fields.
- New options the hide the HUD are now available in the option menu.
- Add support for downloadable content.
- Fixed the issue when the user was becoming invincible after failing mission ‘Black Gold’ several times.
- The Phonecall from Hurk (ULC missions) is no longer overlapping the brief of the ‘Piece of the past’ mission.
- Fixed the issue when Sam was no longer in the jeep’s turret after placing two bomb and being kill several time in ‘Black Gold’ mission.
- Sam is no longer getting stuck when the user destroy an enemy car.