Dragon Quest takes the top spot.
Famitsu has revealed this month’s list for the most highly anticipated games amongst the Japanese gaming audiences, and based on votes held between February 2nd and February 8th, Square Enix’s two major upcoming RPGs, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy VIII Remake, have both ranked pretty high at 8th and 2nd on the list respectively.
Taking the number one spot is also a major Square Enix JRPG title, Dragon Quest XI. The PS4 version, that is, with the game’s 3DS version taking the fourth spot on the list. Nier Automata takes the fifth spot, rounding off the top 5. Meanwhile, the upcoming Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is a new entry in the list entirely.
You can check the list below. Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake don’t have release dates yet but what are your thoughts on this list? Let us know in the comments section below.
1. [PS4] Dragon Quest XI – 1,320 votes
2. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake – 1,084 votes
3. [3DS] Monster Hunter XX – 899 votes
4. [3DS] Dragon Quest XI – 769 votes
5. [PS4] NieR Automata – 681 votes
6. [PS4] Super Robot Wars V – 522 votes
7. [SWI] Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 509 votes
8. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III – 464 votes
9. [PS4] Musou Stars – 390 votes
10. [3DS] The Alliance Alive – 339 votes