Firaxis Games unveils Haunted Hallow, a new free to play iOS strategy title
Command all sorts of monsters to do your evil bidding.
The creative minds that brought us the Civilization installments of the last decade, as well as last year’s stellar XCOM: Enemy Unknown, is hard at work on a brand new strategy game for iOS devices titled Haunted Hallow.
Players will be tasked at building and maintaining a mansion that churns out all manners of devious and freakish monsters. These monsters will be at your disposal and you can send them to expand your territory into adjacent towns. Here’s a list of features that you can expect:
- Build and rule a mysterious mansion that spawns freaky monsters, including Vampires, Zombies, Mummies, Witches and Reapers
- Go head-to-head with rivals to scare townspeople, battle enemies, avoid angry mobs and seize control of the town
- Power-up with each monster’s own menacing powers and additional enhancements
- Play single-player or multi-player by challenging friends, both through the Game Center and with Pass & Play
- Choose from varying Haunted House architecture styles such as the ‘Lost Temple’ and ‘Mad Scientist’
2K Games will be publishing the title and it will be free to play. However, you can expect the monster enhancements and other power-ups to come through microtransactions.
The concept does seem one of a kind and we would be genuinely interested to see a developer tackle the idea in a full retail release for the PC. Would make for one of the most unique RTS games in ages.
Haunted Hallow will hit the iOS Store sometime this Spring.