Firewatch Patch For PS4 Launches To Fix Performance Issue
Campo Santo is looking to make a good game, better.
Campo Santo has announced it has launched a new patch, which is geared towards making Firewatch‘s performance on the PS4 quite a bit better. The developer announced the new patch just under 10 days after the game was first launched. While the title has largely gotten very positive reviews, there have been some complaints about the Firewatch‘s performance on the PS4.
On the company’s official website, the developer laid out the most important aspects of the patch notes, while saying the full log was simply too long to actually lay out. Among the biggest issues the developer says are fixed are moments of unstable frame rates. The team also says they got Unity to fix a pretty rare hang. You can check the list of fixes for Firewatch on the PS4 that Campo Santo published below. The company added that it is far from done when it comes to supporting the game, which should be good news for those who are enjoying the game but think it can do better.
- Draw distance and shadow render distance have been improved, which should remove significant texture popping.
- Streaming loading and unloading has been significantly adjusted with extra safeties so you should no longer see loading happen right in front of you.
- We got Unity to fix a very rare hang that could occur when loading and unloading scenes.
- Many instances of unstable framerate have been improved.
- Auto-saves are now far less frequent, as they were causing the worst framerate hitches we have been seeing.
- Several places where people were escaping the world or getting stuck in collision have been refined. Also, if you are stuck in an endlessly falling state, the game will attempt to put you back, either through loading the last save or respawning Henry aboveground.
- Various cases where you were able to interrupt or break your current quest have been safeguarded.