Gamestick: Portable TV Games Console already funded
New portable console.
Gamestick is a new portable TV games console that is said to revolutionize console gaming. A console called OUYA aimed to do the same earlier this year and amassed $5 million in funding which was said to be something unprecedented in the Kickstarter scene, when it comes to gaming.
So what is Gamestick? It’s a new portable console that is cheaper than the OUYA at $79 and is aimed at making console gaming affordable to people. The console or rather a portable USB unit is actually functional right now and you can also see a mobile game called Shadowgun, and it’s something you can play with a controller.
The funding has been completely since the goal was $100k, and at the time of writing this, the funding has reached $200k with 26 days to go, and considering there’s a lot of days left, we could actually see some new rewards as the funding increases.
The Kickstarter page is over here and you can pledge $10 or more. You can also see the reward tiers.
- Processor – Amlogic 8726-MX
- Memory – 1GB DDR3 / 8GB FLASH
- Content Download Manager w/ cloud storage for games.
- WiFi – 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth – LE 4.0
- O/S – Android Jelly Bean
- Controller – Bluetooth, 3 mode controller: gamepad, mouse and keyboard with support for up to 4 controllers.
- Full 1080p HD video decoding
- Support for XBMC & DLNA from Sept via optional firmware update.