GoW online game in development?
Santa Monica Studios, the developers of the awesome God of War series, have posted a job ad on Gamasutra, searching for a senior online programmer. The person’s responsibilities will be:
• Designing and implementing systems and tools to support networking needs (such as in-game communication, client-server, match-making, leaderboards)
• Help support existing systems
• Writing clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
• Profiling and performance tuning of code and systems to remove bottlenecks
• As needed work on tools and technology tasks to support specific project requirements
• Testing and documenting of the code you write
God of War has always been a single player series, and while I don’t see what a multiplayer God of War game will be like, there are a lot of possibilities Santa Monica can consider. Is this a new God of War MMO? Or maybe a new God of War game with an online element? The God of War trilogy may have ended with God of War III, but the developers have confirmed that the series has not ended.
Or maybe this is just a new IP the devs are working on with online modes.
Tell us what you think this is in your comments below.