GTA V Breaks A Ton of Guinness World Records
And the records continue to tumble.
Rockstar has broken a number of world records with Grand Theft Auto 5. It really is not a wonder that they managed to develop one of the successful games of all time, given the amount of time and passion they put into it. Guinness World Records have confirmed that Rockstar’s latest has broken several entertainment records.
The game managed to break the following records:
- Best-selling action-adventure videogame in 24 hours
- Best-selling videogame in 24 hours
- Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion
- Fastest videogame to gross $1 billion
- Highest grossing videogame in 24 hours
- Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
- Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure videogame
Grand Theft Auto V has received excellent reviews across several publications including a perfect 10/10 from us. You can read our full review here. GTA 5 is currently enjoying a score of 97 at review aggregate site Metacritic. However the online component of the game is currently facing several issues which is expected given the number of people who are trying to log into the game’s servers.
Source: Guinness World Records