Hitman: Absolution PC Update Announced, Patches Several Bugs
The list of fixes range from Sniper Challenge unlocks to PC configuration issues.
In what’s been somewhat of a running theme lately, Hitman: Absolution was released and featured quite a few bugs. IO Interactive has promised fixes though and have since announced a patch for the PC version touting just that.
The total number of fixes are listed below.
– Players using the Russian language will no longer crash as soon as they use the sniper rifle.
– Various issues that have been seen on specific configurations that caused the game to not be able to start up at all have been addressed.
– Problems with the Sniper Challenge Unlocks not carrying over into Hitman: Absolution have been addressed. On first starting the patched game you will receive your unlocks. (Note that North American users that have been provided the Sniper Challenge by Gamestop will need a separate unlock key in addition to this. Gamestop can provide these.)
– Problems with negative level-scores have been fixed. Newly accomplished positive scores will be needed to erase your incorrectly remembered negative scores.
– A problem with keyboard and mouse controls where users would accidentally melee attack a person next to them when they intended to throw an item has been addressed.
– Legal and Intro movies can now be skipped immediately on startup after the game, on all launches but the very first on a machine.
– DirectX 10 hardware can now enable the simplest version of the Depth Of Field effect.
– Problems with audio occasionally being muted after ALT-TAB have been fixed.
– Various localization fixes.
– Miscellaneous other stability and general improvements based on crashes we have seen coming in.
That’s just the first round though, and subsequent patchesd will be released as IO Interactive monitors the game’s progress.