Hitman Getting New, ‘Professional’ Difficulty On January 31
Another wrinkle thrown into the fold.
IO Interactive doesn’t want you to be done with Hitman yet- if you’re mostly dun running the gamut of content that the game already has, then this new wrinkle that they are throwing into the mix will most assuredly keep you returning to the game.
IO Interactive have announced a new ‘Professional’ difficulty that they will be adding to Hitman on January 31. The new difficulty mode can be used for all five chapters of the first season, excluding the Prologue. You will, however, have to have reached Mastery Level 20 for a location before you unlock Professional Difficulty for it, and you will have to unlock the Professional difficulty separately for each location. Professional difficulty will not be available for Escalation Contracts and Elusive Targets.
You can see the list below to see what all changes when you play on Professional difficulty. Hitman is available now on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
- Enhanced AI behavior – Guards are more thorough when searching. Increased guard search radius. NPCs are more perceptive to footsteps, especially when running. Increased guard alertness.
- Strict item rules – Suspicious / illegal items according to current disguise.
- Advanced security camera logic – Security cameras can spot illegal activity and guards will be dispatched to investigate. Increased number of security cameras (in logical places).
- Limited saves – Only one manual save allowed. Auto-saves are disabled.
- Lethal combat – Clean kills are required to take a disguised. Slower health regeneration.
- Professional mastery rewards – Professional Challenges and Mastery. Unique unlockable rewards.
- Each location has been tweaked and altered.
- Separate leaderboards with a Professional modifier.
- Fewer disguise pickups.