Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII details: Game 30% complete, Happy ending
Here’s the entire details from a recent interview with Famitsu.
We have ton of details for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII courtesy of Famitsu (translated by Andriasang), and one important thing to note here is that there is only one ending here and it will be a happy ending for Lightning.
The game was announced few days ago and it is the third sequel to Final Fantasy XIII, featuring only one protagonist Lightning as she tries to search for truth and redeem herself. The game will be released next year for the PS3 and Xbox 360, and Square Enix have mentioned that this will be the final game in the FFXIII saga.
“The first FFXIII was story driven, meaning that the story pulled the player along. FFXIII-2 was player driven, meaning players selected the story. Lightning Returns is World Driven, meaning players have to consider how they interact with the changing world,” read the information from Famitsu.
You can check out the complete details below.
- The game is currently 30% complete
- This will be Lightning’s last game and will end with a happy ending. The game has just one ending.
- The first FFXIII was story driven, meaning that the story pulled the player along. FFXIII-2 was player driven, meaning players selected the story. Lightning Returns is World Driven, meaning players have to consider how they interact with the changing world.
- The game’s in-game time works out to one day being the equivalent of one to two hours of real time. There will be increases and decreases in time.
- The game is meant to be played and cleared multiple times. The volume is not such that it will take many tens of hours to clear once.
- People from XIII-2 haven’t died. Because of the effects of the chaos (I’m not sure if this is the proper English word), people have stopped aging and don’t get old.
- The Novus world has four continents, two natural and two city-type.
- Depending on your actions, the remaining life of the world could decrease, and the game could end before the 13 day limit.
- There are some times when helping someone will decrease the life of the world.
- Defeating some enemies and clearing some quests will increase the life of the world.
- Lightning is all by herself in battle, allowing you to concentrate more than when you had to control a party.
- Lightning has become a considerably more refined person.
- You can freely move around during battle. Some elements of the battle system are timing-based.
- The battle system is close to action. There’s an ATB gauge.
- During battle, you don’t select menu commands. Instead, you select abilities which have been assigned to buttons.
- Hope will give guidance to Lightning via wireless com.
- The city has clocks everywhere showing the constant progression of time.
Tell us what you think in the comments section below.