Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Patch 1.1 Adds A Slew Of Features To The Game
A surprisingly hefty update.
Nintendo has just released a new update for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and there are multiple surprising things associated with this update. The first is that for once, Nintendo has been transparent about what all it has changed with this new update, releasing surprisingly detailed patch notes so players know what changes to expect.
The second is just how hefty the update is. There appear to be a fair few changes made to the game, and while none of it is truly ground breaking, it appears as though Nintendo is responding to feedback, and that it is committed to improving the game experience the best it can.
You can check out the full patch notes below. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is available exclusively on the Nintendo Switch.
- Opponents’ names are displayed in the rear view mirror view in online matches.
- Invincibility period after a spin-out or crash is longer in online matches.
- Up to two players can spectate a friend group while they wait to join.
- “Worldwide” and “Regional” modes add players to Mirror and 200cc matches less often.
- Can now properly create a friend lobby when you have 100 or more friends.
- Inkling Girl’s animation has been adjusted.
- Starting positions in online races now properly reflect the order in which players join.
- Driver Miis now properly showing facial expressions.
- Tournament clock now properly reflects real-world time.