Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes PS4 vs PC Comparison Screens Released
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will be coming to the PC next month, and as one of the evangelists for PC gaming and the inherent superiority that it presents over consoles from a technical perspective, Nvidia has gone ahead and posted comparison shots of the game as seen running on the PlayStation 4 and on the PC. (It probably also helps that all the consoles are powered by AMD, so by downplaying consoles, Nvidia also downplays AMD, its direct competitor in the GPU market).
You can check out the full range of screenshots here, but the difference is definitely noticeable, and the PC version comes out on the top every single time. It appears that the PC version of the game benefits from a lot of graphical flair and additions, including:
- Additional deferred lights per scene
- Additional shadows per scene
- Higher-resolution render targets
- Higher-resolution shadows
- Increased detail over distances
- NVIDIA SLI Multi-GPU support
- Options to adjust seven graphics features (Effects, Lighting, Screen Filtering, Shadows, Texture Filtering, Textures)
- Resolution support up to and including 3840×2160 (4K)
- Screen Space Reflections
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes launches on PC via Steam on December 18. Stay tuned for more coverage.