Metal Gear Solid 5’s New Update For Multiplayer Detailed
Kept you waiting, huh?
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain is getting a new update for its multiplayer mode, which will be introducing new equipment and weapons that can be used in the FOB missions. The update will be available starting May 10.
The introductions with this update include a new Sneaking Suit, as well as anew Revolver, plus some quality of life improvements to the mode in general. You can check out the additions and changes below:
- Sneaking Security Guard Stealth Camo [★9～★11]: This security feature is added to sneaking suit and battle dress uniforms of Grades 9, 10, or 11. When your security guards spot an intruder, they will activate temporary stealth camouflage and vanish from sight! Add a stealthy surprise to the defenses of your FOB.
- UA-Drome Battery Vaporizer-Equipped UAV [★9～★11]: This security feature is added to UAVs of Grades 9, 10, or 11. The UAV carries a compact microwave emitter that disables batteries in the surrounding area. Knock out the electronics of intruders into your FOB!
- OM Decoy Dummy Field of Movement Emitter [★5～]: Jams the search capabilities of an FOB defender’s Intel Team, showing a false FOM prediction where the emitter is thrown.
- FB MR R-L FLTN Falkenberg Multi-Role Recoilless Rifle (Fulton Warheads) [★5～]: A recoilless rifle designed to Fulton extract targets struck by its specially-developed warhead.
- TORNADO-6 Revolver [★3～]: Ocelot’s revolver of choice. Firing at solid surfaces such as walls causes a ricochet that may hit nearby enemies.
- UN-AAM-NL Non-Lethal Machine Gun: A general-purpose 5.56mm machine gun of European manufacture, specially modified to fire rubber bullets.
- Dispatch your forces to assault FOBs and aid your infiltration: This new feature allows you to dispatch a strike force to an FOB ahead of your infiltration, to knock out security devices or eliminate guards.
- Added information on Short Leagues to PF Rating screen: In addition to the virtual league battles held on a weekly basis, you can now participate in special short leagues that last just one day. Also, the PF Rating screen will now show your PF’s stats in greater detail, so be sure to check it and see how your day-to-day actions are strengthening your force!
- New soldiers arrive with unique new skills: The new skills in this update are perfect for getting a major boost to your PF Rating. Find and extract soldiers with these skills to make your force stronger than ever!
- Special online-only tasks added to the Challenge Task list: “Challenge Tasks,” the special achievements that offer rewards for each one completed, now include online-only tasks! There are all kinds of tasks to try, from simple feats that can be completed with ease, to massive undertakings that will keep you trying for hours. Online Challenge Tasks will be added/changed as time progresses, so be sure to check out the latest challenges and try those you think you can achieve!
- Other update details: In addition to the above, a number of small refinements and bug fixes have been applied.
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain is available on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, and PC.