Metal Gear Solid 5 E3 2015 Information Summary: Microtransactions, Female Soldiers Confirmed
Operation Phantom Pain… commence!
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain had a fairly substantial presence at E3 this year in spite of Konami foregoing a E3 conference. Mostly, this came from the excellent new trailer for the game that debuted on Monday, which showed us a spate of new things that we can expect from the title, while also re-confirming older rumors.
All in all, it appears as though Kojima really has gone all out with this game- fitting, too, considering that this will be the last time he ever gets to work with the series. No stone seems to have been left unturned in the quest to deliver the ultimate Metal Gear experience- both, single and multiplayer.
The game will have microtransactions, but they will not affect game balance, and will only be there as a time saving option for players who can’t commit as much time to the title. The selection menu is identical to Ground Zeroes, but it will also let you choose your own custom loadout now. Speaking of which, you can now customize Mother Base (color, custom emblems), Snake himself (outfit, weapons buddies) and your weapons (including scopes, colors, barrels, weapon parts and under-barrels).
- You can choose your own face while playing
- You can play as soldiers other than Snake- including female soldiers
- You can select different ‘clothes’ or ‘camo’
- You can choose to do specific missions, or just select freeroam and mess around in the open world
- DD will detect enemies, and you can command it to attack or wait
- At the mission start location, you will find a machine which you can plug in to the iDroid to download the mission data. This officially starts the mission
- Soldiers dynamically react to Snake’s attack methods
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain launches this September for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC. Stay tuned for more coverage.