Miner Wars 2081 First Three Missions Nearing Completion, Close to Beta
Despite some missing voice-overs the first three story missions (and even co-op) are very much playable.
Keen Software House has just announced that Miner Wars 2081 will be exiting the alpha stage, and it’s only a matter of time before the beta comes around.
Updates on the new public build – currently at 01.082.009 – currently features three missions “EAC Survey Site”, “Laika”, “Barth’s moon”, each about 30 minutes in length. A lot of work still needs to be done to iron out glitches and bugs, but they’re close to completion. Good job! Out of 31 story mission, that’s three down.
Other features of this new public build include:
– Enemy ship sizes increased by 50% (easier aiming and it looks better)
– New gameplay elements: merchants, mining, drilling, turrets, terminals and 50 weapons
– 15 deathmatch sectors
– Hall of Fame – multiplayer sector with posters of our contributors
– Optimisation for weaker PCs – now the game should run better even on weaker PCs
– Co-op (but it’s very buggy)
– A glitch where locking doors on your mother ship before you leave a sector causes them to stay locked when arriving in a new sector. But you respawn outside the mother ship so you’re pretty much locked out.