Monthly update plan revealed for The Secret World
Funcom have announced a continuous monthly update plan for their recently released The Secret World.
Every month going forward Funcom are to release comprehensive game updates which shall include new: content such as storylines, missions, seasonal events, gameplay enhancements and even entire world regions.
These updates aim to provide players new and exciting experiences every single month, ensuring there is always something new to discover.
Senior Producer and Creative Director Ragnar Tørnquist stated: “The team is excited to be working on expanding The Secret World.”
“We are committing to a very ambitious update schedule, but our goal is, and has always been, to provide our subscribers with new, high-quality content every month.”
The first update will be released July 31st and details on what is included in the update will be made available later this week. Tørnquist also revealed an overview of what players can expect further down the line:
- Monthly mission packs, including a slew of new investigation missions
- New weapons (including a big one that will cause even bigger explosions!)
- Raids (clue for the first one: The Big Apple will never be the same)
- Expanded character customization, including plastic surgery
- A player vs. player dungeon set in an entirely new geographical area
- Dungeon finder tool to make grouping for dungeons much easier
- Seasonal events such as Halloween and Winter Solstice
- Two large adventure areas including new characters, missions, monsters, lore and more
- More social gameplay will be added to the London hub
- Combat will be enhanced significantly both visually and mechanically
- And much, much more!
The Secret World launched on July 3rd, is developed by Funcom and published by EA.