Deep Silver has announced a new update for their NASCAR 14 video game, available today and for free, that brings the new Chase for the Sprint Cup format to the game… ahead of the format’s official launch in NASCAR events this upcoming season, meaning gamers get to be the first people in the world to experience this format.
While in itself that is big news, especially for fans of motorsport and NASCAR in general (who are presumably the people who buy the game in the first place), the update doesn’t just stop there, and actually adds a fair bit more to the game. The full list of updates that it brings with it include:
- New qualifying and Chase format rules announced by NASCAR in early 2014
- Additional drivers to complete a full field of 43 Sprint Cup drivers
- Various gameplay refinements around pitting, decals and paint, and the online private lobby
- Difficulty setting adjustments designed to bring AI closer to the selected level
- Adjustments to Darlington and Kansas race lengths
NASCAR 14 is available now. If you have the game and download the update, make sure to tell us what you think in the comments section.