New Vita model patented by Sony, shows HDMI port and more
New ports added.
ony has patented a new PS Vita model which shows additional ports being added to the system. The patent was found by Patentbolt, and we have the diagram showing what new ports are being added to the system.
The company has usually added new functionalities and has changed the form factor with their devices, and it looks like the PS Vita redesign could be coming out this year. We also have another rumour from Gamerxchange that mentions a price cut for the memory cards.
- A new 4G model of the PlayStation Vita will be replacing the 3G model sometime this year. According to the source, this will be the so-called “price drop” that has been rumored for the Vita as the new model will retain the $299 price point for an upgraded system.
- The Wi-Fi version will still be available on the market for $249
- To go along with the 4G model, a significant firmware update will go live bringing in a lot of requested features including new ways to organize apps in folders.
- The new model may be unveiled along with the rumored PS4 this month at PlayStation’s February 20th event or at E3, but will not hit the market until later in the year.
- A price cut on memory cards will be made. No details on prices.
The patent states that: As shown in Sony’s patent FIG. 2, the electronic apparatus 1 in this example includes connectors 23, 24, 25, 39, and 59 as the plural electronic components. The connector 23 is, for example, a headphone jack. The connectors 24, 25, and 39 are connectors such as a USB connector or an HDMI connector for transmitting and receiving data between the electronic apparatus 1 and other electronic apparatuses. The connector 59 is, for example, a power supply connector for supplying electric power to the electronic apparatus 1.
You can check out the diagram below.