NPD figures for February are here
The NPD hardware and software sales figures for the month of February are out. The Xbox 360 was again the top selling console at 426K units sold. The PS Vita also sold pretty well. While the exact numbers weren’t released, the estimated numbers stand somewhere between 220K – 230K, though it was a few thousand units behind the 3DS, which sold 262K.
In terms of software, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 unsurprisingly topped the charts, though it was a surprise to see Final Fantasy XIII-2 so high up the order at No. 2.
The full charts are given below:
Xbox 360: 426K
PlayStation 3: 360K
PS Vita – 220K – 230K
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360, PS3, Wii, PC) Activision Blizzzard
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3, 360) Square Enix Inc.
- UFC Undisputed 3 (360, PS3)THQ
- Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts
- Just Dance 3 (Wii, 360, PS3) Ubisoft
- NBA 2K12 (360, PS3, PSP, Wii, PC, PS2) Take 2 Interactive
- Soul Calibur V (360, PS3) Namco Bandai Games
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (360, PS3, PC) Bethesda Softworks
- Twisted Metal 2012 (PS3) Sony
- Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts
[Source 1, Source 2]