NPD March sales revealed and it isn’t pretty
We have the March 2012 NPD sales for you and the industry has declined by 25% this month. The hardware sales aren’t that pretty either with Xbox 360 topping the charts again, and with PS3 following close behind. The decline of the Wii is one of the main reasons why the industry has shown declines and the software sales aren’t that hot either. You can check them out below.
Mass Effect 3 has sold 1.2 million copies, more than twice of what Mass Effect 2 did, and the Xbox 360 version has outsold the PS3 version 4:1.
“While it was a disappointing month, and first quarter, for new physical retail sales of video games hardware, software and accessories, it wasn’t entirely unexpected given guidance we’ve seen from several sources,” said NPD analyst Anita Frazier.
- Mass Effect 3 – PC, PS3, 360 – EA
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City – PS3, 360 – Capcom
- MLB: The Show – PS3, Vita – Sony
- NBA 2K12 – PC, PSP, PS2, PS3, Wii, 360 PS2 – Take 2
- SSX 2012 – PS3, 360 -EA
- Street Fighter X Tekken – PS3, 360 – Capcom
- Mario Party 9 – Wii – Nintendo
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – PC, PS3, Wii, 360 – Activision
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm – PS3, 360 – Namco Bandai
- MLB 2K12 NDS, PC, PSP, PS2, PS3, Wii, 360 – Take 2
Xbox 360 – 371K
PlayStation 3 – 337K
Nintendo 3DS – 225K
Nintendo Wii – 175K
The Playstation Vita sold over 200k but less than the 3DS, so you can probably guess the numbers.
Tell us what you think in the comments section below.