Nvidia Releases Driver Update With Oculus Rift And Dark Souls 3 Support
The patch also supports Gears of War Ultimate Edition, Paragon Early Access and Quantum Break.
Nvidia has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. The big news for this driver is that it’s geared towards supporting the Oculus Rift but there’s good news for gamers who aren’t adopting VR just yet too. The driver also includes a new SLI profile for the upcoming Dark Souls 3.
Among the games specifically mentioned as far as getting support on the Oculus Rift is Elite Dangerous, and the latest support for NVIDIA VRWorks. It’s a safe bet there will be and already are other games not specifically mentioned that will be getting enhancements for the Rift.
Those who think they need the driver can now download it from this website. Early adopters of the Oculus Rift might have the device in their hands right now. If they don’t they should be receiving them in the next few days. Dark Souls 3 is due to launch on April 12, 2016. You can check out the full release notes for this below:
“Virtual reality is here! This Game Ready driver brings full support for the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset, optimizations and enhancements for virtual reality games such as Chronos, and Elite Dangerous, and the latest support for NVIDIA VRWorks. The new driver also brings the latest support and enhancements for the upcoming HTC Vive headset.”
Game ready for Quantum Break, Killer Instinct, Dark Souls 3, and Paragon early-access.
Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
- Dark Souls 3 – SLI profile added
3D Vision Profiles
Added or updated the following 3DV profiles:
- Dark Souls 3 – Not recommended
- Gears of War Ultimate Edition – Not recommended
- Hitman Pro – Not recommended
- Paragon – Not recommended
- Quantum Break – Not recommended
3D Compatibility Mode Profiles
No compatibility mode profiles were added with this version.
- NView – version 147.00
- HD Audio Driver – version 188.8.131.52
- NVIDIA PhysX System Software – version 9.15.0428
- GeForce Experience – version 184.108.40.206
- CUDA – version 8.0
Windows 10 Fixed Issues
- [364.54] System hang or BSOD on express installation of 364.54 driver over 364.51 driver with single HDMI monitor connected. 
- [Razer Dock] Hot unplug then plug causes “Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered” notification. 
- ? [SLI, Tom Clancy’s The Division] Frequent freezes and pauses as well as low GPU usage result in low FPS. 
- [364.51, SLI] BSOD when SLI enabled on 364.51 or 364.47. 
- [364.51, SLI] In a multi-monitor configuration with one G-SYNC monitor and one nonG-SYNC monitor, the FPS in games drops to single digits if Chrome hardware acceleration is enabled and V-SYNC is off. 
Windows 8.1/Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Vista Fixed
- [SLI, Tom Clancy’s The Division] Frequent freezes and pauses as well as low GPU usage result in low FPS. 
- [359.00] PowerDirector crashes in nvspcap64.dll.