Pokemon OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire Demo Releases Today in North America
Nintendo’s really getting into this whole demo business right?
If you are looking to revisit Hoenn with this year’s full 3D remake of the classic Gameboy Advance games, Pokemon OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire, and just can’t wait till its November release, you are now in luck- Nintendo has released a ‘special demo’ edition of the game to North America today (it was already available in the rest of the world) that sees you play through a scenario not in the main game, and also lets you carry over some data (including an exclusive new Mega Evolution) into the full game.
The only way to obtain it is to have signed up for a Pokemon Trainer Club account and having subscribed to their newsletter, before October 20; if you missed on doing that, though, don’t worry, as there are actually a fair few other ways you can get the demo. Here’s a full list:
- Codes will be distributed at select cinema locations nationwide from Nov. 7–Nov. 13.
- Check with your local retailer during the holidays to find out about special demo code giveaways.
- You can get a code with if you buy Pokemon Art Academy from Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system.
- You’ll also get a code with your purchase of one of two classic Pokémon games coming to the Virtual Console service on Nintendo eShop: the Pokémon Puzzle Challenge game (out Nov. 6) or the Pokémon Trading Card Game (out Nov. 13). You’ll find your free demo code on your eShop receipt.
- Codes will be emailed the week of Oct. 31 to select Nintendo customers with Nintendo Network IDs who have signed up to receive promotional emails from Nintendo.
- Codes will also be distributed during the holiday mall tour from Nov. 24‒Dec. 21 at 16 different locations throughout the nation. Talk to a staff member to try out Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire or any of the featured Nintendo 3DS games to receive two codes—one for you, and one for a friend (while supplies last). Check back soon for a list of tour locations.
So, yeah… everything but a basic ‘release it on eShop’ distribution.
Pokemon OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire launches on Nintendo 3DS November 21.