Sony has released a new firmware update for the Vita – which totals to about 95MB. It takes the PS Vita’s version to 1.61 and adds in a lot of neat little things. The hardware will launch worldwide on February 22nd this month.
These are the contents of the update:
- A new application, (Maps), has been added to the home screen.
- In addition to photos, you can now take videos using the Photo application.
- You can now publish stories about the products that you rate in PlayStation Store to Facebook.
- In near, players’ information is now displayed on the Discoveries screen. On this screen, a list of the online IDs of up to 100 players that you have encountered, and the number of times that you encountered each player, are displayed. Tap an online ID to display that player’s profile screen.
- The Mac OS version of Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation has been released. The Windows version has also been updated.
You can update Vita’s firmware via the content manager or directly through the Vita. You can download the content manager for the PC over here.
Tell us what you think in the comments section below.