Rocket League PS4 Pro Patch Coming On February 21
60fps in 4K.
One of the most successful games of this generation will soon support Sony’s PS4 Pro- Psyonix have announced that they will be partnering with Panic Button to release a new patch for Rocket League, that will enable the game to run at a blistering 60 frames per second in 4K on PS4 Pro. At this point, it is unclear if the 4K resolution will be native, or upscaled via checkerboard rendering.
The update will also enable standard PS4 systems to play the game at 1080p and 60fps in all arenas for single and two-player split-screen modes. Three and four-player split-screen modes will offer 60 frames per second in most arenas at the same resolutions.
That apart, new content will also be added to the game via this update. You can check out the list of new additions by this update below. Rocket League is available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
- Hot Wheels premium DLC cars, Twin Mill III and Bone Shaker (sold separately).
- Additional free Hot Wheels-themed post-match item drops, including both Toppers and Antennas.
- A new fan-voted “Player’s Choice” Crate filled with some of the community’s favorite items.
- PS4-specific technical improvements.
- Multiple performance optimizations and bug fixes.