Skyrim Updates to Version 1.8 on Xbox 360: PS3 Fans’ Wait Continues
Various issues fixed, but the waiting continues for PS3 users.
Isn’t money a wonderful thing? The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has been updated to version 1.8, by way of a 25 MB patch, and fixes various issues that have been plaguing the game for a while now. These include crashes when using the vampiric grip, issues relating to Arnleif and Sons Trading Company, duplicate NPCs and general stability and memory improvements that will make the game less crash-prone. Check out the full list below:
- General memory and stability improvements
- Fixed rare crash when using vampiric grip
- Fixed issue where Arnleif and Sons Trading Company could become permanently locked
- Fixed issue related to duplicate NPCs
- Fixed rare issue where exterior door would not open properly
The only problem? It’s currently out only for the Xbox 360 version, causing PS3 users much grief as they’re still anticipating fixes. And honestly, they’ve made their annoyance clear all throughout the comments on the above blog post.
Concerning the update for PS3, Bethesda responded, “We care about our fan base on all platforms. We’re continuing to work on updates for PS3. It’s something that’s just going to take more time.”
It is what it is, but really, what other choice do people have?