Sony Announce Their Schedule For GDC 2016
A focus on VR, PSN, and free to play games
The Game Developer’s Conference 2016 is almost here, and Sony have decided to share information on their planned panels and discussions at the event on the PlayStation Blog. “[GDC] is an industry-only event, but since we know PlayStation has a diverse, far-reaching audience we wanted to put all of the info for our panel discussions in one easily-accessible place for those who might find it useful,” Sony said on the PlayStation Blog.
Sony will be hosting multiple panels and discussions at GDC this year- but the emphasis seems to be squarely on VR, PSN, and on free to play games:
- PlayStation VR: Development and Innovations will see Sony sharing the latest on hardware and software, exploring features to help developers make better VR titles, and giving a long-awaited update on the future of the consumer product.
- 2016: A Pivotal Year for F2P on PlayStation: Sony will discuss F2P gaming, especially in context of the PlayStation ecosystem. Multiple developers who have had successful F2P games on PlayStation will be speaking at the panel.
- How to Grow your Online Community on PS4: A developer side chat, about the various tools that Sony provides developers with on PlayStation platforms.
- Platform Engineering Disciplines at PlayStation: A Fireside Chat: Sony lifts the curtains just a bit to discuss their internal platform RnD and developer support.
- Creating Greatness at Santa Monica Studio: This session will introduce the unique creative culture of Sony’s Santa Monica Studio, with its combination of AAA internal development and incubation and partnerships with some of the industry’s most innovative independent teams.
- 3D Audio: Sony discusses the next generation of audio systems, and how to implement it on PlayStation.
- PlayStation University: How to Become a PlayStation Intern: A look at how to get your foot in at PlayStation.
GDC 2016 will be held this week in San Francisco- stay tuned to GamingBolt for all the latest and greatest news from the event.