Square Enix pays its employees double the competition
Who would have thought Square Enix would generously pay its employees. The reason why this is a big deal is, the average wage per employee is double that of Square Enix’s competition. It pays its employees 21.68 million yen per year compared to its nearest competitor, Sony.
The data was compiled by a Japanese tracker named Nensyu Labo which published the top 10 list based on public filings. Not bad considering their output has been pretty spectacular this gen… oh wait.
At a time where these salaries make no sense considering the publisher is struggling to make a profit, you have to think the management’s logic behind this. Check out the top 10 list below.
- Square Enix: 21.68 million yen
- Sony: 9.23 million yen
- Nintendo: 9.14 million yen
- Sega Sammy Corporation: 8.22 million yen
- Konami: 6.78 million yen
- Namco Bandai Holdings: 6.4 million yen
- Tecmo Koei Holdings: 6.15 million yen
- Gala Japan: 5.91 million yen
- Capcom: 5.71 million yen
- Yuke’s Future Media Creators: 5.65 million yen