Starcraft 2 gets a free starters edition
Blizzard’s Starcraft 2 gets a starter pack, which means you get a big taste of what’s in the game and it’s free of charge.
Millions of players have experienced the intense strategic combat of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty and now, it has never been easier to join the action. Take command, and lead your forces into battle against rival Terran factions, deadly Zerg hives and mysterious Protoss tribes. Simply click below to begin downloading and then follow the on-screen instructions to play.
Play the first five missions of the epic single-player campaign and wage unrelenting war on your friends in pulse-pounding multi-player battles. Get in the fight!
Here’s what you get with it.
* replay watching at any version
* first 3 missions at Mar Sara
* 4th mission: Tychus Findlay or doctor Hanson
* some challenges
* 4 multiplayer maps:
— Xel’Naga Caverns
— Discord IV
— High Orbit
— The Shattered Temple
* some custom maps
* playable race – Terrans
* map editor
* ANY region available. Just register you account and download client (small message under button about client language is allowed)
* ranked games
* 99% of custom maps
* all other melee maps, that are not marked by blue star
* map publishing
* chat channels
* Protoss and Zerg
You can download it from over here, you need a Battle.net account to play.