Street Fighter 5’s Capcom Fighters Network PC Preview Starts on March 28
Some hefty improvements.
Today, Capcom announced some new features for the Capcom Fighters Network- and it also announced that PC players will get to see these new features for themselves, hands on, starting next week. Capcom Fighters Network, which is the network backend that Capcom uses for Street Fighter 5, will be getting these improvements for that period.
The trial will be free, limited only to online modes, and work with all characters, including the recently released Kolin. It will begin on on March 28th 1 p.m. PST, and run through to April 3rd 12 p.m. PST.
Street Fighter 5 is available on PS4 and PC. You can check out the full list of new functionality that will be available during this trial for yourself below.
- For most players, it will take less time to find an opponent in online matches. Matchmaking logic will help players avoid being frequently matched with the same opponent.
Ranked and Casual Match Loading Times
- There will be a shorter transition when going into a Ranked or Casual match.
- On the new CFN home menu, a live feed of Friends’ activities will be presented on an interactive Timeline. Using the Timeline, players can immediately add a recent match to their Replay List, view a Fighter Profile, manage Friends, and adjust Timeline display settings.
Friend Management System
- In addition to adding someone to Favorites, players can now blacklist players or add friends and follow them on CFN.
“Rage Quit” Penalty System
- Special “rage quit” player profile icons will appear on profiles with frequent disconnections. Matchmaking logic will take into account online behavior and frequent disconnectors will be matched with similar opponents.
Training Mode – User Settings Saved
- Training Mode settings will be saved and will carry over to the next time the mode is accessed.
Battle Lounge Country Flags
- Country flags will appear in Battle Lounges, allowing players to locate competition in their region.
Country / League Based Rankings
- Players will be able to filter leaderboards based on Country or League.
In-Game Announcer Voice
- The in-game announcer will provide players and opponents with stats using data pulled from the server.
Fighter Profile Stats
- More detailed stats will be tracked and presented on Fighter Profiles.