Sucker Punch Details Day One inFamous: Second Son Patch
5 extra hours of gameplay.
Sony and Sucker Punch have announced a day 1 patch for inFamous: Second Son that will add around 5 hours of extra gameplay, thanks over 20 new missions and some more extra content.
The patch will include two new storylines, called Cole’s Legacy and Paper Trail. Cole’s Legacy will add 4 new missions and one hour of gameplay to the game while Paper Trailer will feature 19 new missions that will last upto 5 hours.
Cole’s Legacy missions will have you working with “an investigative reporter to understand the source of conduit powers”, while Paper Trailer sees players following the trail of origami doves to “discover the full story behind the D.U.P.’s occupation of Seattle”.
The full patch notes are as follows:
Cole’s Legacy Content Pack
- FREE with pre-order
- Explore the events immediately following Infamous 2
- Work with an investigative reporter to understand the source of conduit powers
- 4 story missions, approximately 1 hour of gameplay
Infamous Paper Trail Storyline
- FREE bonus missions and exclusive web content
- Innovative online and in-game story arc co-developed by Sucker Punch and 42 Entertainment
- Manga and murder, follow the trail of origami doves to discover the full story behind the D.U.P.’s occupation of Seattle.
- 19 story missions and corresponding web-based investigations, approximately 5 hours of unique gameplay.
- Normal difficulty has been slightly increased to challenge the player’s mastery of their powers
- Expert difficulty has been fine-tuned to ensure it is the best experience for skilled gamers
- Karma progression extended to support longer playtime
- The boss fights have been re-tuned for difficulty and fun
- More dynamic boss behaviors and attacks
Pedestrians and DUPs
- Engine performance tweaks to allow for more life and activity in the city
- Increased pedestrian and traffic density and variety
- Increased pedestrian-related karmic opportunities
- Post-story enemy activity and D.U.P. raids
- Graphics and performance improvements
- Fixes for a small number of infrequent blocking bugs
- PSN integration to support Paper Trail DLC
For further reading, you can check out our full review of inFamous Second here. It’s well worth your time.