Super Smash Bros. Patch Quells the Wrath of Diddy Kong
Nerfs have appeared for the overpowered Kong.
Super Smash Bros. has received a new patch on 3DS and Wii U and among the many character balances, many users on the game’s sub-Reddit are reporting significant nerfs to Diddy Kong.
For those unaware, Diddy Kong is to Super Smash Bros. as Cable was to Marvel vs. Capcom 2 – overpowered and seen as a cheap move to play as.
What’s been doing to nerf the younger Kong? Check them out below:
- Uair nerfed from 8% -> 6%, Knockback reduced.
- Fair nerfed from 12%/10% -> 10%/8%, Knockback reduced.
- Uthrow nerfed from 10% -> 8%, Knockback reduced.
- Dthrow nerfed from 7% -> 6%, Knockback unchanged but Hit-stun reduced.
- Monkey Flip (kick) nerfed 14%/12% -> 12%/10%, Knockback reduced.
- Monkey Flip (grab) nerfed 12% -> 10%, Knockback reduced.
- Banana (Throw) nerfed from 7% -> 5%
Diddy Kong’s charged B attack also has shorter range though the side B attack can break charged shields now. Overall, the intention seems to be making Diddy Kong less of an onslaught to contend against while still offering a significant amount of offense for those experienced with them.
Nintendo hasn’t released any official patch notes but you can head to Kotaku to learn more about the changes to Diddy Kong and what they mean for the future of Smash. What are your thoughts on all the nerfs? Let us know in the comments.