Suspend/Resume May Finally Be Coming to PS4 In Next Firmware Update
Or so an insider leak claims.
The first feature that Sony ever announced for the PlayStation 4- before they announced the controller, before they showed us what the console looked like, before they discussed its network capabilities, before they even talked about the specs- was Suspend/Resume,t he ability to put your PS4 in a low power mode and pick up a game from exactly where you had left it off when you picked it up the next time (sort of like the sleep mode on the 3DS or Vita).
Nearly two years after that announcement. and over a year after the PS4’s launch, it appears we may finally be getting this functionality in PS4 firmware 2.50, which is due out in either March or April, according to leaks.
The full list of features we are looking at in the new update is as follows:
- The system can now enter rest mode without closing any applications. You can adjust this setting in [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Rest Mode].
- [Accessibility] has been added to [Settings]. You can adjust accessibility settings such as zooming and button assignments.
- Delete trophies with zero percent.
- Search trophy details on the internet, including screenshots of scenes with trophies.
- SharePlay at 60 frames per second.
- Share trophy details and screenshots.
These are all features that users have been asking for since the launch of the PS4- some, like Deleting Trophies with 0% progress, users have been asking for since the PS3. it is nice to see such a substantive firmware update headed our way, and hopefully, this leak is true.
We will keep you posted either way.