Take-Two Q4 FY12 results: Max Payne ships 3 million, no sign of GTA 5
Take-Two Interactive has released its financial results for Q4 fiscal year 2012, and the results are rosy for them. But not for us – because there is no mention of GTA 5, which suggests that there is no chance of it being released this year.
Max Payne 3 has shipped 3 million units, but the publisher did not give any sold-in figures. NBA 2K12 did 5 million units, and the Bioshock series has sold over 9.5 million units so far. Surprisingly, Borderlands has done 6 million units cementing its place as a monstrous franchise for Take-Two. Its sequel will be released this year.
The publisher’s net revenue was $825.8 million. Losses were at $107.7 million. Lot of high profile games were released in the last fiscal year, including L.A Noire, NBA 2K12 and Duke Nukem Forever.
“Fiscal 2012 was a year of creative, operational and strategic achievement by our Company,” said CEO and chairman Strauss Zelnick.
“We delivered groundbreaking titles, including L.A. Noire and NBA 2K12, which set new standards for excellence; grew our revenue from digitally delivered content and mobile offerings; made substantial progress on our online gaming initiatives; and bolstered our already strong liquidity through a convertible notes offering.
“While our financial results were disappointing, the decisions we made position Take-Two for growth and profitability both this year and over the long-term.
“Fiscal 2013 kicked off with the successful launch of Max Payne 3, which received outstanding reviews and promises to be another hit for Rockstar Games. We have a fantastic lineup of upcoming releases for the balance of the year and the strongest development pipeline in the company’s history.”
Here’s the release list for this fiscal year:
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown – October 9 in North America and October 12 internationally
- BioShock Infinite is now planned for launch on February 26, 2013
- Borderlands 2 – September 18 in North America and September 21 internationally
- Spec Ops: The Line – June 26 in North America and June 29 internationally
- Sid Meiers Civilization V: Gods & Kings – June 19 in North America and June 22 internationally
- XCOM – releases during fiscal year 2014
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown – October 2012
Tell us what you think in the comments section below.