These Were The Ten Most Popular Games on YouTube in 2015
Mainstream gaming wins out.
YouTube is a major part of the gaming ecosystem- YouTube hosts gaming Let’s Plays, gaming ads and commercials, video reviews, soundtracks, and basically has an entire section of its site dedicated to gaming livestreams. A large part of YouTube’s traffic comes from video games- so YouTube’s word on some of the most popular games on its site can be taken as being indicative of larger trends in the video game market.
According to a list of the Top 10 games on YouTube in 2015, it seems as though the mainstream video gaming market is winning big in general:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
- FIFA 16
- Five Nights at Freddy’s 3
- ARK: Survival Evolved
- Five Nights at Freddy’s 4
- Fallout 4
- Mortal Kombat X
- Batman: Arkham Knight
- Until Dawn
Unsurprisingly, Call of Duty rules the roost, though I have to admit, seeing Fallout 4 that low is surprising.
YouTube also released a list of the Top 10 gaming videos of the year:
- Clash of Clans: Revenge (Official Super Bowl TV Commercial)
- Real GTA
- Star Wars Battlefront Reveal Trailer
- Five Nights at Freddy’s 3 Teaser Trailer
- WARNING: YOU WILL DIE | Five Nights at Freddy’s 3 – Part 1
- Discover Pokémon in the Real World with Pokémon GO!
- Fallout 4 – Official Trailer
- Elders Play Grand Theft Auto V (Elders React: Gaming)
- Halo VS Call of Duty
- Final Fantasy VII – E3 2015 Trailer | PS4
I’m just bummed that Persona 5’s trailer didn’t make it on there (though it does seem to be very popular, going by viewership numbers).
Which of these videos is your favorite? Let us know in the comments section below.