Trackmania Turbo PC Errors and Fixes – Crashes, Anti Aliasing Errors, Game Not Starting, and More
A few tech tips for Trackmania Turbo.
Ubisoft just released Trackmania Turbo, the newest entry in their long running Trackmania franchise, to rave acclaim. The game is being lapped up by fans of racing games, by fans of Trackmania, and by newcomers too- it’s just a wonderfully designed racer that instantly appeals to the player.
Unfortunately, what with this being a Ubisoft game and all, it does have some issues that can easily get in the way of the player’s enjoyment of the game. If you happen to be one of those people, you’ve come to the right place, because in this guide, we’ll help you deal with some of the most commonly reported errors with Trackmania Turbo.
First, the minimum requirements needed to run the game:
- OS: Windows Vista or Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- Processor: Dual core from Intel or AMD at 2 GHz or better
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Video card must be 512 MB or more and should be a DirectX 10 – compatible or DirectX 11 – compatible
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 5 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
Please be advised that the following methods are to be used at the sole discretion of the platform owner. GamingBolt or its staff members take no responsibility for problems that may arise or issues that may occur from trying the below. Always remember that official support is always the best support.
Unfortunately, Trackmania Turbo could be crashing due to any number of reasons. We suggest the following fixes- hopefully they can resolve the issue for you somewhat:
- If you are playing the game on a laptop, make sure the game is running on the discrete, dedicated GPU, rather than the integrated one;
- Ensure all your video card drivers are updated;
- If you are playing the Steam version of the game, Verify Steam Cache for the game- this may diagnose and repair whatever problem it is that you are having.
Game Controller Not Working Properly
If you want to be able to play the game with the controller, you need to be able to remap the game’s controller. This was not something that was known at launch- however, thankfully, now that we do know how to do it, it seems to be a remarkably simple process:
- Hover your mouse to the edge of the screen in game so the red box that outlines the screen shows up. Click beyond the box.
- A dropdown menu will show up. Click the Gear icon.
- Go to Input, and rebind keys as and how you want- you can also define the input devices you are using, and select your controller, so that the game knows to recognize it.
Game Doesn’t Start
If you can’t get Trackmania Turbo to run, follow these steps:
- Right click on the game icon
- Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
- Click ‘Run As Administrator.’ Apply and close.
The game should start up just fine now.
Note: Given that the wide range of PC hardware out there, the fixes mentioned here may or may not work for you. But it’s worth giving them a shot since these have worked for players who own the PC version of Trackmania Turbo.