Uncharted 4 Survival Gets Hardcore Mode
Some good stuff for players of Uncharted 4 multiplayer in new update.
Uncharted 4‘s multiplayer mode continues to grow and evolve, and this latest update released over the weekend should keep things exciting even for the seasoned player. Among other things, the update introduces a Hardcore Mode for the game’s Survival Mode, which requires you to keep your team alive through all 50 waves of enemies, or get sent back to the very beginning.
Additionally, there were other balance changes and bug fixes, with the update also bringing back the Classic mode to the multiplayer beta test playlist. Classic removes the mysticals and sidekicks, and focuses the fight on standard combat- so for those of you who found the multiplayer modes to be too Mario Kart, this should hopefully be more to your liking.
You can check out the full patch notes below. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End is available exclusively on the PS4.
- Bug fix for clients using c4 and mines against djinn boss
- Fix for players being able to melee Disciple warlords against walls
- Indra’s Eternity no longer slows the vulnerable timer of warlord bosses while in the vulnerable state
- Fix for enemies occasionally bind posing during combat
- Fix where players will lose HUD and become invincible if the Indra Warlord’s teleport grab is interrupted by an explosion
- Fix for Explosive Expert not awarding the advertised bonus damage
- Player’s damage bonuses for level, weapon level, and boosters are now calculated correctly
- Fix for late joiner losing their gear, cash, and weapon when respawning before completing the wave
- Armour NPCs will now drop appropriate score
Arsenal price ramp based on difficulty
- Easy costs will be multiplied by .75
- Normal costs will be multiplied by x1
- Hard costs will be multiplied by x1.25
- Crushing costs will be multiplied by x1.5
- All bosses now avoid Indra’s Eternity and El Dorado player mysticals
- Brute enemies stagger less often from headshots
- Increased grenade, mine and C4 arsenal cost
- C4 is now earned at the same rate as Grenades and Mines
- Increased the cost of Indra’s Eternity
- Decreased Sprit of the Djinn and Path of Indra price ramp when purchased from the arsenal
- Double ammo for Barok, Harbinger and Desert 5 when purchased from the arsenal
- Reduced ammo for Stoner from 150 to 100 when purchased from the arsenal
- Reduced costs of all Heavy Weapons in the arsenal
- Increased duration of Sprit of the Djinn from 20 seconds to 30 seconds
- Increased base run speed of Sprit of the Djinn
- Path of Indra now revives downed teammates
-New qualifier system
- Qualifiers are now based on points earned rather than matches won. This allows your personal performance to impact your advancement to a much larger degree.
- To pass from Gold I to Platinum 3, for example, you need to earn at least 35 points over the course of 5 matches.
- Points earned are still based on your grade for that match, with an S grade on a win awarding the maximum of 40 points.
- Overachieving on points required will gives you bonus points upon advancing to the next rank (to a maximum of 50 points).
- Failing a qualifier series with negative points will penalize you by that many points.
-Master rank system update
- We have revamped the way points are handled in Master Rank. Instead of being a grind for points, the system focuses on your average performance.
- Players will enter into Master Rank with a 200 match rating average.
- At the end of a match, you will receive a Match Rating and this will be factored into your “20 game average”. This average represents your Master Rank points.
- The maximum possible Match Rating is 1000, and the lowest is -1000. Get better scores, higher kills, revives and assists, while minimizing deaths to maximize your Match Rating.
- Bug fix for awarded chests not opening for the player
- Bug fix for players that are unable to connect to multiplayer or are taking a long time to connect to multiplayer
- Fix for profile data loss
- Accounts that were affected by the profile loss will have their level restored
- Fixed several crashes
- Bug fix for multiplayer audio settings resetting when backing out to the main menu
- Adjusted weapon skins to fix bright weapon skin issues in certain levels