Watch Dogs 2 Seamless Multiplayer Fix Hits PS4 First, Other Versions Soon
Xbox One fixes coming soon as well.
What seemed like a too long wait for a fix to Watch Dogs 2’s seamless multiplayer appears to have ended. Ubisoft announced they rolled out the patch which fixed the multiplayer on the PS4 version during the day on Tuesday.
A similar patch was scheduled to hit the Xbox One version overnight on Tuesday into Wednesday morning. If and when the new patch does what its supposed to do, a number of features will be added to the game that will make it that much better.
Ubisoft has rolled out other patches since the game launched but until now, they hadn’t been able to fix the multiplayer bugs. According to the patch notes, the things players will be able to do in Watch Dogs 2’s seamless multiplayer will be:
- Invite friends to co-op or search for new co-op partners
- Hack into a rival hacker’s world
- Find targets for Bounty Hunts or trigger a bounty on themselves
- Nearby bounty targets and Prime_Eight rivals will join the player’s world for them to hunt down and hack without going through the Multiplayer App in the smartphone.
- Players will also encounter friendly Dedsec hackers who can help them complete different Dedsec events throughout San Francisco.