Watch Dogs Patch Addresses Corrupted Save Files, PC Graphics Issues And More
As well as online issues.
Watch Dogs launched last month; issues with its reception and its game design notwithstanding, there have also been reports of the game corrupting save files, as well as the online mode having issues. A brand new patch has been issued for a game that addresses these very problems.
The update will reconstruct any save files that were affected by the bug and were corrupted (for reference, the bug makes it impossible for layers to continue their saves, as they are stuck in a perennial loading loop). Issues with the game’s online mode, which prevented players from resuming or containing online sessions (especially in the PC version) have also been addressed.
The full list of game fixes follows:
Major game fixes
- Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
- Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.
- Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
- Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
- Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.
- Fixed several minor respawn issues.
- Fixed some connection and session joining issues.
- Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
- Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
- Implemented several performance improvements.
- Implemented a few control improvements.
- Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
- Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
- Implemented several mouse modifications.
- Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
- Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
- Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
- Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
- Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
- Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
- Added game version in main menu.
Watch Dogs is currently available for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, and PC; a Wii U version is slated for Fall of this year.