You Can Play The Division Beta Without Paying Anything on PS4, Here Is How
There’s a way to do it.
I’m sure you’re interested in trying out The Division’s beta, if only to figure out whether or not you’re interested enough in the game to pay for the full thing. Unfortunately, and paradoxically enough, the game’s beta can only be accessed by those who have pre-ordered the title. This can be an issue, if you want to first see if the game’s actually worth buying- so it’s a good thing that there is a way to play the beta without paying anything at all.
Now, keep in mind that this is all perfectly legal, and it’s not disallowed- but you should still only do it if you are really interested in trying The Division, but not sure about a purchase.
- Make a new PSN account, setting the UK as your region
- Go to The Division‘s pre-order page
- Click Pre-Order and Pay- don’t worry, you don’t actually have to pay, and the Store won’t even ask for your payment details yet. Thanks to how pre-orders work on UK PSN, you only pay when the product is dispatched to you- in this case, that means when the game is out, and you are not required to provide payment details before then
- When it is available, select The Division beta client on the PSN Store. Download and enjoy
- Finally, once the beta has ended, make sure to cancel your pre-order
Alright? This way you should be able to see if the game is worth it (plus this also gives Ubisoft a far better idea of the kind of server stress that they will experience when the game launches).
The Division is available this March on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC.